Banty

In article , Phil Munro says...

During the process of other long term improvements with our old
double hung windows, I put 3/4 inch styrofoam sheets between the storms
and inner windows. They are put in during winter time on some of our
windows, and I'm quite sure that helps cut down heat loss. I have
continued to do this even how with the window work done.
Of course, it looks bad, and it cuts off the view through those
windows, but its a trade off that we live with. --Phil

Eww.

Ok - it's your house. I've made a trade-offs like that too, in the past. My
priorities are a little more on the quality of my living space now, though.

Banty (who likes looking through her new Marvins..)