No

Yea - Mayby this should be an entirely different thread. I agree that
things vary amongst realtors. My point, given your thoughts, is still
the same. The realtor is going to generally do what they can for a
quick sale. This may include setting a low price, agressive marketing,
what ever. Around here houses sell in a day or three otherwise they
sit, having been priced too high. Once a house sits, even if the price
is then lowered, people avoid looking at it. It has a stigma and people
wonder whats wrong with it.

My advice to the OP would be to work with his realtor for a quick sale.
It may involve setting the lowest price of all the similar houses.
Price it the same as what the next smaller houses are going for. Then
someone gets a 3RB for a 2BR price for example. This is better IMO than
letting a house sit, unoccupide over the winter. What are his monthly
carrying costs? Mortgage, utilities, insurance, maintenence, etc. Lets
say 3K a month. Lower the price 18K (6 months worh of costs). You get
the idea.

BTW Ken, Joeseph - There is a great book that has a chapter about why
realtors push for quick sales yet their own houses sit on the market
longer (the chapter title is "How is the Ku Klux Klan like a group of
Real-Estate agents). The book is called Freakenomics. Check it out, it
will make your head spin
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...528417-2448027