FACE

On Fri, 30 Sep 2005 05:33:58 GMT, "SCraig" wrote:

Thanks to all who offered advice. I finally figured it out and I didn't
shoot anyone's eye out.

Craig

So you found the release on the back then.

Expereince tips:
First tip -- after each time you use it, hit that release and it will
stop the pressure on the back of the tube and keep it from dribbling
out several inches of caulk that makes a mess that you don't need.

Second tip -- when you are finished, put about a 2 1/2 nail down the
nozzle and next timne you use it you will not have to deal with a
hardened plug of caulk in the end. a big headed roofing nail is great,
most any old nail will work, but use galvanized or plated if you have
one so it does not rust.

Third tip -- if you use a tube which has a foil seal before the body
of the caulk puncture it with a nail, ice pick or something because
usually the tube seal will break at the back of the tube where it is
being pushed Sbefore the foil seal breaks and then you have another
mess you don't need.

(Apologies if these tips are obvious, but then so is the release on
the back. I think the first time I used a tube of caulk i finally
started cutting the tube out and then noticed the slide rod going up
the the middle of caulk tube "found" the release and pulled the slide
all the way back at which time the empty tube fell out -- fancy that!
:-))

FACE