SCraig

Stormin Mormon wrote:
On the back of the gun (where the grip safety would be on a colt 45)
there is a release, you push forward wtih one thumb. While pulling
back the slide with the other hand.

Point the caulking gun in a safe direction, make sure the safety is
on, and always treat it like it's loaded. Remember the NCA (National
Caulkingun Association) safety rules.

Due to following a few simple rules, the rates of accidental caulking
have declined every year. But drive by caulking continues to be a
problem. So, take your kids to an approved safety range, where they
can learn the rules.

Remember, caulk doesn't seal windows, people seal windows. Support
the right to keep and bear caulk.

"Duane Bozarth" wrote in message
SCraig wrote:

I've got a 10 oz caulking gun with a 10 oz tube in it. The tubes
empty but
I can't see how to get it out of the gun. I know this is stupid but
there
must be some sort of release I'm not seeing. It a dripless
caulking gun that I bought at Home Depot. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Craig

There's a release on the plunger somewhere....press it, pull the
plunger back.

I also have a dripless from HD. The release is a real bear; you have
force it. Maybe that is why it is dripless. Actually it does drip
much less than my old one.

Thanks to all who offered advice. I finally figured it out and I didn't
shoot anyone's eye out.

Craig