Edwin Pawlowski

"Billy Thompson" wrote in message

I'm gonna do the 3M plastic thing on most of the windows and liberally
caulk them (most windows haven't opened in years).

Good short term, but long term, perhaps new windows and storm windows for
even better insulation.

setup my automatic thermostat to a lower setting (will probably have to
get some rugs to cover some hardwood flooring)

How low is low? We keep the house very cool at night (60)and sleep under an
electric blanket. Some tradeoff of energy cost, but sure is comfy. The
heat comes on about 15 minutes before we get up.