Billy Thompson

Default Winter Utility Saving Tips

I'm in the process of totally going over my house to save some $ this
year in heating costs...Here in SC last jan/feb my heating bills were
over $350 for a 2600 sq ft older home and this year the costs are
supposed to go up at least 30%.

I'm gonna do the 3M plastic thing on most of the windows and liberally
caulk them (most windows haven't opened in years).

Add insulation in attic

weatherstrip my ancient doors

go on a caulk frenzy to all cracks/holes in foundation/brick

setup my automatic thermostat to a lower setting (will probably have to
get some rugs to cover some hardwood flooring)

any other suggestions?