Rex's Mom

1_Patriotic_Guy wrote:
All ideas and humor welcome.

While this is a serious topic, I could use some humor too.
The good news is I got married. The bad news is my wife is emotionally
attached to a stackable wooden bookcase with glass folding doors for each
shelf that is an unusual size.

The inside measurement of each shelf is 7 1/2" deep by 11 1/4" tall. Since
a standard sheet of paper is wider than the bookshelf is deep, I am
perplexed on how to use it to store all her abbundance of papers. I thoght
of removing the back, but since each shelf lifts of as an individual unit
and has one glass door per shelf, removing the back would destroy its
structural integrity. I can't get rid of it and stay happily married. And
I am now drowning in her papers. I thought of scanning some of her many
sheets to computer, but she insists on keeping her "hard copies" to have for
future meetings, etc. I know she could find and print the document at the
time, but she refuses to do that.
Short of using the bookcase for firewood this winter, what are my
options. Am I missing some obvious way to store binders in this bookshelf
and still be able to find the right info when needed in a reasonable manner?

Desperate and buried in loose papers.
Thanks in advance.

The song from the Broadway show "A chorus Line" comes to
mind right now; it's title "What I did for love"

It occurs to me that letter-sized papers would fit standing
up facing forward, but they couldn't be in much of a binder.
Or one could get some sort of 'holder' that would allow them
to be filled as one can in a vertical file, i.e. facing front.

But...she says...what did your wife use it for previously
and why not continue to use it for the same?

--

Rex's Mom