Dave

"bryanska" wrote in news:1128017282.629062.61270
@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Have you tried pushing it without the self-propel drive engaged?
Always a good option if it is practical.

It's quite heavy. Much heavier than a regular push mower, especially
with a big 6HP engine and electric start parts.

The problem is, it goes only marginally faster when I push it. I just
can't get this thing around the yard, and I'm a fit guy!

Maybe the belt is slipping (not tight enough)?
Maybe the drive wheels have worn down?

I have the same problem with my self-propelled mower. It has noticably
slowed down over the last 5 years or so. I haven't really gotten into it
yet though.

Have you called Yard Machines yet?

Let us know.