No

snip
Most realtors make a % of the sales price so they want it to sell as
high as possible (that includes the buyers realtor as well) They are not
as worried about how long it takes. If you really want to sell it, a low
price will get it sold quick. You may want to talk to the realtor about
what you might be able to do to get it to sell quicker.

snip
--
Joseph Meehan

Joseph - I think you are wrong about this. A Realtor generally wants a quick
sale (Unless its their own house). let me explain with some numbers.

House pricing - Comps in neighborhood 295,000 to 310,000. My opinion is that
the Realtor will generally push for pricing at the LOW end and hope for a
quick sale. 6% of 295K is $17,700, 6% of $18,600, commission is split 50/50
with buyers agent. that leaves $8,850 to $9,300 for the sellers agent. That
gets split 50/50 with the corporate office. $4425 to $4650. That is a
different, to the agent of only $225!! If they price at the 310K the house
may sit for a long time or not sell at all. If the price it at 295K it may
sell in a day or two. If you were a Realtor would you put at risk $4425 for
a potential additional $225? Doesn't make sense. The Realtor also needs to
weigh the relationship with the seller. If they recommend too low of a price
then they may loose that client to another Realtor.

Now, on the other hand, if the Realtor is selling their OWN house they WILL
set the price as high as they can because the upside is far greater for
them.