Charles Spitzer

"Dan" wrote in message
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"Dan" wrote in message

I am going to be selling my house in central Ohio. Barring an
astoundingly quick sale, it will be vacant over the winter.

Talk to a realtor. If a house is priced right, it will sell in a short
time. A house that is "operable" will bring a higher price and sell
faster than one that is stored for the winter. I'd leave the heat on and
pay a neighbor to check on it every day or two and keep it in presentable
condition such as raking leaves or snow removal.

It ma be far cheaper to see a couple of thousand below what you want
rather than pay much more for damages. Your homeowner's insurance may
have something to say about it also.

I agree about getting out quick, for peace of mind if nothing else.
Trouble is, the market here's kinda bad at the moment. Nobody around here
who's dependable (I go out of town a lot so I've tried that. Was gone for
3 weeks in July, neighbor-jerk promised to cut the grass, when I got back
it was 12 inches high & I had a bright orange sticker on the front door
from the city threatening to cut it for me, charge me $200 for their
trouble & fine me to boot). I do have someone pretty dependable about 25
miles from here who might check every month if I pay him. Plus if the
house is being shown (let's hope) the Realtor would be passing through
occasionally.

Dan

look into companies which do this for a business. licensed, bonded, etc.
they cater to people who go off to florida for the winter.