Edwin Pawlowski

"Dan" wrote in message

I am going to be selling my house in central Ohio. Barring an astoundingly
quick sale, it will be vacant over the winter.

Talk to a realtor. If a house is priced right, it will sell in a short
time. A house that is "operable" will bring a higher price and sell faster
than one that is stored for the winter. I'd leave the heat on and pay a
neighbor to check on it every day or two and keep it in presentable
condition such as raking leaves or snow removal.

It ma be far cheaper to see a couple of thousand below what you want rather
than pay much more for damages. Your homeowner's insurance may have
something to say about it also.