Dan

Default Winterizing a vacant house

I am going to be selling my house in central Ohio. Barring an
astoundingly quick sale, it will be vacant over the winter. Since I
will be in Seattle during this time, I will not be here to conveniently
check on the house while it is vacant. What should I do to "winterize"
the house? I plan to shut off the heat. I understand the need to shut
off the water & drain the pipes, as well as to shut off & drain the
water heater. I've also read about putting antifreeze in the toilet.
Anything else need attention? Is it advisable/feasible to blow out the
pipes with compressed air? I do have a compressor.

TIA

Dan