Steve Spence

No wrote:
Ed - I agree those VC stoves are nice. I have stayed at a cabin, dead
of winter, -35deg PLUS 40mph wind, on top of a mountain. The cabin only
had one Vermont Castings wood stove for heat. We needed to crack a
window because it was too hot. (Only cracked it about 1/4" due to snow
blowing in). I cant imagine grilling a steak on the thing though. Heat
some water for tea or perculate a put of coffee, yes, but a steak?
Seems too nice of a stove for that. We were in northern Vermont, Mt.
washington visible in the distance on a clear day. Had to snow shoe in
to cabin. Only had an out house. Your pee just about froze before it
hit the mark!

The one we had in the cabin was like this...
http://www.vermontcastings.com/conte...ils.cfm?id=137

I've done chili, soup, and coffee, on our Vestal. Got a griddle and did
pancakes on many mornings.

http://www.green-trust.org/wiki/inde...itle=Wood_Heat

--
Steve Spence