Joseph Meehan

Ron M. wrote:
I just replaced the two florescent bulbs in our kitchen light fixture.
The old ones suddenly just stopped working. I put the two new ones in,
and they won't come on. Dead as a doornail. I measured the output
voltage at the ends of the fixture, and they're all putting out a
little over 4 volts.

This is a fairly new fixture, about 8 years old. It has one ballast in
the middle. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Ron M.

I will add one more thing, in addition to the ballast and power supply
problems, you may have a bad ground. While that seems less likely based on
your measurement of 4 volts (that's what is making me and others suspect the
power supply to the lamp. Even a disconnected circuit can show a few volts
due to induction.) it is possible.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit