HorneTD

Bud-- wrote:
HorneTD wrote:

Most Firefighters do not pull meters because they can fail explosively
when that is improperly done. What we do is to open all of the
utility disconnects we can find.

Could you describe how it is "improperly done"? [I'm not challenging
what you said.]

Bud--

If a meter blade on the line side makes contact with the meter enclosure
while the meter blades on the utility side are still in contact with the
terminals an Arc blast will occur. The highest risk of this occurring
is in outdated T based meters and in ring type meter mounts.
--
Tom Horne

Well we aren't no thin blue heroes and yet we aren't no blackguards to.
We're just working men and woman most remarkable like you.