Oscar_Lives

Jesus Christ! Why do homemoaners get so ****y, even after they get
excellent free advice from professionals?

And to top it all off, the professional gets the blame!

Face it, Tim. You probably ****ed it up trying to save a couple of bucks.
Now, your great idea to be cheap is going cause you to spend more to get a
pro to come out and fix all the damage you did to your furnace.

"Tim Fischer" wrote in message

"Anthony Berlin" wrote in message
. ..
Okay since you seem to be experiencing exceptional difficulty in the area
of
comprehension, lets see if you can answer your own question, based on the
assumption that there is no common feed from the transformer, and that
the
thermostat is acting as a switch in a looped control system.....what
other
factors would be necessarily considered with respect to shorting the
transformer secondary strictly from the thermostat, and we will even
remove
the possibility of the control wires directly grounding to metal of any
kind
at the thermostat, what other factors based on load consideration do you
think would result in a shorted secondary ?

Look, I'm not trying to be a jerk here, even though it seems you want to
be. If you feel my answer is wrong, than please explain why, and I'll
learn something.

If you're implying that having all the relays/contactors energized at the
same time is too much for the transformer, than I disagree-- relay and
contactor coils don't take all that much power (and besides, that woudln't
be a 'short' but an overload).

If I'm missing your point still -- then please stop being snarky and
explain. I'm not an HVAC tech so I might well be missing something
'obvious' to you (although I've successfully repaird a number of HVAC
issues, including a burned-out transformer (no I didn't kill it myself)).

-Tim