Edwin Pawlowski

"miamicuse" wrote in message
The problem may take three to five days, and longer if it rains.
So now, the contractor asked if I could give him the key to my house
(while
we are out working during the day) so they can get inside to get a drink
or
to use the bathroom.

I have not used this contractor before. I am a little worried, first, if
they are tunneling, they will not be very clean and in the middle of the
day
walking across our carpet to use the boys room may not be a good idea,
especially since we are talking about a leaking sewer line. Also we don't
know the subs (and he gives me the impression he does not know the subs
too
well either, for all I know he may get them a highway ramp exits) so
security is also a concern.

Under the circumstances, I'd probably not give him a key. rent a portable
toilet and give them a cooler with a 10 pound bag of ice for their drinks.