SLG

wrote in message
oups.com...
Doing a new garage roof.

I noticed at Lowes that they have several different drip edges. Is
there supposed to be a different one for the rake than for the eaves?
Also, does the drip edge install right up against the sheathing? or
should there be a little bit of a gap. I have 5/8 sheathing and assume
standard 1" drip edge. The type F is the standard for eaves I think,
but this type B is a wrap around for the gable end from what I could
tell--kind of like a 90 degree wrap.

What is the standard practice?

I believe the "wrap around" drip edge is used more for just shingling over
old shingles...because it hides the edge of the old shingles and drip edge.
At least that is what I use it for.....