N. Thornton

Default load bearing double glazing

"Michael Mcneil" wrote in message news:91befcbe090734d453da0219b53f12fb.45219@mygat e.mailgate.org...
"N. Thornton" wrote in message
om
"Paul King" wrote in message ws.com...
"TP" wrote in message
om...

My house is a victorian terrace , the windows typically have a stone
lintel above them which is visible from the exterior.

luckily there is no sagging -but there is a small crack extending
upward from the corner of the old lintel which is a tad scary!

Maybe it could be combined with a steel lintel above it

That would need to be below it if there isn't a half brick of purchase
for it on either side of the window.

I assumed there must be something for it to sit on - in fact I dont
see how there could not be, unless theres a one piece concrete column
there. I'm not sure I follow the logic in what youre saying.

Regards, NT