Ron Truitt

Correcting the drainage will be no. 1 on the list. Since I'm roofing
over the new deck I will concentrate on the far ends and get them out of
harm's way. The yard slopes pretty good which will help.

The frost consideration here(Austin Texas area) is minimal since we
rarely get below 32. But to be safe I'm going to go down 24
inches(further if the building codes call for it) or to the parent
limestone material, whichever comes first.

I'll probably try hacking away while under the deck first to see if I'm
getting anywhere with the holes for the piers. Then remove decking and
get more agressive if I get nowhere. With the posts needing replacing
being directly under the roof support posts and the rim joist it will be
difficult either way but should be doable.

RonT