Goedjn

On 26 Sep 2005 10:16:29 -0700, "dean" wrote:

Trees that are 1 to 2 feet diameter, and maybe 20-30 feet long,
branches already removed.

If I was trying to work something that size by myself, and there
were enough of them in one place, I'd think seriously about
getting a block and tackle, and setting up a pole hoist,
but that would mean spending most of the first weekend rigging,
and I don't know if there's enough of them to make it worthwhile.

Failing that, something to grip the end of the log and a
bumper-jack will get one end up far enough so that you can
then shove something under the log mid-way.

--Goedjn