I've had good results with various Poulan saws. (My 3.4 c.i. saw is now
25-yrs. old and runs like new after many hundreds of hours of use.)
Prices of each were a fraction of similar Stihl.

One of the lightweight 2.0 c.i. models would likely suit you best.
Light weight and low noise reduce fatigue factor and really boost
safety. Shorter bar is less prone to kickback, and easier to keep from
dirt and stones.

Chainsaws can inflict nasty injuries, as can falling trees.
Ballistic-nylon chaps, eye&ear-protection help a lot, but knowing how
to hold the saw, position your feet, and avoid binding the cut are real
safety-factors. Books are available, but learning from an expert is
invaluable. Good excuse to not work alone in the woods, too.

Fresh fuel&oil mix, proper chain lube and sharpening are major factors
in reducing downtime, as is staying out of ER.

For bucking such small pieces, you might want to make a "buck" to hold
the pieces off the ground and keep them from pinching the chain. Pairs
of tubafore bolted to pivot as an "X" with tubafores joining legs
(screwed & glued.) With helper feeding pieces onto buck, the chips can
really fly.

HTH,