Duane Bozarth

Brock Ulfsen wrote:

Duane Bozarth wrote:
Brock Ulfsen wrote:

Much of the arable land is used for grass, or grain to feed cattle,
where the carbon is released into that atmosphere as either exhaled CO2
or farted methane. If we used that same land to grow hemp to make paper
and stored the paper in nice dry buildings (made of fibrepanels produced
from hemp) for centuries, that carbon would be sequested, and hemp
produces more biomass per acre tham grass.

And less food and other necessary products...

All I suggested was we use the land currently used to feed cattle.

Much of that (at least in the US, and I would assume in Oz as well or it
would already be doing something else) isn't suited for other than range
land.

I great number of cattle are also fed on dual-purpose crops already such
as what we do--we run heifers on wheat pasture and milo stubble over the
fall/winter/early spring, take them off in the spring and send them on
to the feeders while the wheat goes on to grain and we prepare
non-summer fallow ground for the spring planting...