Bill

You will get more water with a larger pipe and if you have a 1" pipe from
the main to the meter, but a 3/4" meter, you would have the option of
"upgrading" to a 1" meter. This all would come in handy if you want a lawn
sprinkler system or outside water faucets. Then in theory you would have
more water flow inside your house while watering outside and more water flow
outside.

In my case I want to eventually install a lawn sprinkler system, so I would
prefer a 1" main.

Note: My city requires a 1" main for new service and I think replacement of
existing mains as well.

"Art M" wrote in message
Just wondering if there is any reason to use 1" pipe when replacing my
service line. I'm thinking there isn't since 3/4" pipe is running through
the slab to the main shut off valve, and I won't be replacing that.

--Art