Phil

Default New Cordless drill

Andy Hall wrote in message . ..
On 2 Jul 2004 12:06:30 -0700, (steve) wrote:

Got a lot of plasterboard to put up soon and after found while
reboarding the bathroom with a 12v £30 that it didnt cut the mustard
batt life and power wise.So was toying with the idea of getting a
proper drywall gun but am thinking that a fairly decent drill driver
will be of more use generally

Current contenders in the £100ish drill drivers stake are

Makita 6227
dewalt dw927
Bosch gsr14.4
Metabo BST12 Impuls

And the dark horse that might make a late charge the Ryobi 14.4 drill
angle drill pack If i could find some fuller specs

All much of a muchness re price and torque and battery size though the
dewalt and makita come with 3 batts rather than 2 for the others.

I have the 14.4v Makita and would recommend it. Torque and speed
control are excellent.

I had the same dilema and sought advise here.

I ended up with the cheap Makita from screwfix 9.6 v £80.00 2
batteries and half hour charge

I have never regretted this for a moment especially when a friend who
had been listening to certain people came around and said he had
bought a cheap 14,4 v drill cause the maskitas are a waste of money
but that it would not drive screws properly.
Mine will drive a 3 * 10 twinthread into pine with no pilot hole...
Superb

Muy the Mak and you will never regret it IHMO

HTH Phil