Edwin Pawlowski

"jonnyo" wrote in message

The gas burner is original and gas bills have been high and climbing
the past few years.

Is it worth investing in a new high efficiency gas boiler?

Probably not unless it is really poor efficiency. What wil a 10% gain save
you?

Is Buderus a good brand?

Does $8500 sound like a ballpark bid?

I'm having one put into a building we lease out and it will be $6700.
Depending on size, yours may be a decent price.

Also, thinking of adding a a wood stove. Good idea?

Depends on the price of wood. Right now in central Mass it is running $185
to $225 a cord. Boston often higher. Much higher. If you can get wood
cheap or free, don't mind the additional labor, and the mess, it can reduce
your gas bills. New stove installed can run $1500 to $3000 or more. You
have a large house and have to circulate that heat from the room with the
stove to the others so that may take some ingenuity for maximum effect. At
the price of wood, I'm using oil again this year even at 2.36 a gallon.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/