Brad Bruce

Toller wrote:
In addition, let me pass on a tip I got here in the past. When you
clean the lint trap for your drier, don't just pull the lint off dry.
Do that, but also wash it with dish soap and water. I found that my
stuff dried faster when I do that between uses of the drier. I never
did any comparisons of my electric bill (electric drier here), but I
did measure the time it took to try a load of laundry (same items of
clothing both times - its just me in this house). It cut about 25% off
my drying time. Of course, YMMV!

So what's your theory on this remarkable phenomenon?

I've heard the same thing. Supposedly you can see the difference if you
run the filter under water. If you don't clean it with soap
occasionally, the fabric softener accumulates and you can run water over
it and it will bead up and run off. Once cleaned the water will run
through.

YMMV