Charlie S.

Default Rug runner creases up

Looking to find a way to prevent the rug runner (2'x11') from creasing up in
the middle. Almost every day I pull the far edges to straighten it out.
Without fail the crease comes back.
It's made of regular rug material and used on the porch to prevent excess
wear along the common path to the house. I know I could tack or nail it
down. However, I don't want to do that, as I move it from time to time.

It's somewhat of a regular-medium thickness rug that can be cleaned on the
low
beater-brush level when vacuuming. It has a string backing. I was thinking
of putting some sort of firm backing where the rug creases up. Not sure
what to put? I am open to other suggestions? It's somewhat important as
someone could trip on this crease.