Edwin Pawlowski

"dean" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi all,

Anyone got tips on how to lift a tree off the ground for easier
chainsawing? I'm sort of talking about trees that are in a parallel
stack and impossible to roll over. I was considering cutting a notch in
the end and using a high lift jack to lift up one end, but I've never
tried this before (till tomorrow anyway).

-Dean

Pry one end with a long bar or a 2 x 4, put a block under and start cutting.
Repeat as needed. Sometimes you can get under the center easier and slip in
a block of some sort. Just watch the fingers when you do. Push it in from
the end, never reach under.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/