Edwin Pawlowski

"dean" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi all, I want to know if my propane company is screwing me over. We
have 2 adults and one 3 year old in a house that has propane only for
the hot water and for the dryer, which is used maybe 2 or 3 times a
week.

How much propane should I be using. They say I'm using around 30
gallons a month.

How are they screwing you? The tank has a finite capacity. The delivering
truck is metered and the meter is inspected and sealed by the weights and
measures department. You are given a metered receipt with each delivery.

How much should you be using? How often do you bathe, how much laundry and
how long does the dryer run? Is the dryer vent clean and operating
properly? A gallon of propane is 91,500 Btu, so 30 gallons would be
2,745,000 Btu.

A gas dryer is in the range of 22,000 Btu per hour, so five hours run time
uses.110,000 per week or 440,000 per month. That still leaves a lot of
energy for hot water.

Where is the tank located? I'd also check for leaks in the lines outside
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/