Robert Allison

Stretch wrote:
Gee Robert,

I sell Lennox and Trane too. I have found their blowers are usually
more powerful than Goodman and some other lower priced brands. When I
do a survey for replacing equipment, I always measure the air flow with
a capture hood. Half the systems I measure have air flows of 200 CFM
per ton OR LESS! Should be 350 to 400 CFM per ton! So a more powerful
blower would be a plus for me! I do very little with Rheem, so I don't
know their blower capacities, but if the company in question actually
measures air flow they may be telling the truth. If there is access to
replace the ducts, it may not matter, but it would probably less
expensive to use a furnace with a more powerful blower to do the job.

My company of three people just bought our second capture hood, a TSI
Accu-Balance for $2,000.00. That price may be why many people don't
measure air flow. Those who do measure air flow have different ideas
about the quality of different brands than other contractors. No, the
different brands ARE NOT ALL THE SAME! An otherwise well installed
unit with a wimpy blower will still perform poorly. I see it all the
time.

How many contractors do you know that actually measure air flow on
every system they install. There are over 100 HVAC contractors in my
area, and I only know of two of them besides us that do measure air
flow!

Stretch

So are you saying that a Lennox unit with 350 CFM will do
better than a Rheem with a 350 CFM (both measured)? Or are
you saying that the L unit will have 350 and the R will have less?

--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.