Norminn

Lar wrote:
In article ,
says...
I heard they are no longer allowed to pump any insecticides into the ground.
Could be a local thing I guess.

Sure makes fighting termites tougher!

Or it might be a story given to you by a local company that installs the
more expensive (less effective) baits? I know in an area in
Pennsylvania terminix has discontinued liquid treatments after they were
sued by the state on a mis application by their techs, but I think that
was more of a company decision.

It was a big deal in Florida a few years ago - newer subdivision, in the
news a lot, apparently because lots had either diluted or misapplied
poison. What I have read says that the application must be the correct
strength and the barrier not interrupted. I can't imagine how the
application would not be disrupted from landscaping, etc, but don't know
any more. Sounds chancy to me. Drilling holes all over concrete slabs
and foundations sounds like a racket to me, given subterranean termites
can have a colony 200' across and get in through minute cracks and
plumbing entries.