RBM

Mostly I see two story colonials in the NE. They come in four parts and they
usually stick build the garage butt up to it. They're very nice and solid.
Pain in the butt for us electricians to work in after the fact though

"J.A. Michel" wrote in message

My guess is that cost to truck in the ready made pieces would still be
higher than standard construction for most areas.

Not in my case. Actually the cost of this home beats on-site
stick-building by a good margin. There's no General Contactor who's
taking a 20 or 30% fee. The manufacturer is big enough to get savings on
materials, which are passed on the customer.
The price of the house includes delivery, setting the house, and they
build the basement steps, too.

And there are only so many shapes that could work, eg "ranch style" but
not "split/multistory"

I am getting a ranch, but any style is avaliable, including multi-story
homes. You're only limited by your budget.

The time factor of having everything done (and painted) in a day or two
on site, might appeal to a lot of people.

Yep

But I do have to ask the original poster. If you have a
problem,......who pays for the shipping back to the factory to

get it fixed ? LOL

:-)

--
Joe Michel