badgolferman

Dacore, 9/24/2005,
,2:59:24
PM, wrote:

This isn't a troll post, and yes, it's OT. But, this is a compliment
to this NG, because out of all the NG's I had subscribed to, this is
one of the few I haven't unsubscribed. It's because this NG is filled
with everyday people, with knowledge of the real world. Besides
that, I don't know what other NG I would ask, and I've searched
Google, but can't find my answer.

Here's the deal. I've been trying to get on with DOT for the past
year (7 applications for different positions). I've finally got
something back from them, to take a physical ability test (PAT). One
of the events requires the candidate to DRAG an adult size rescue
dummy for twenty-four feet. Any part of the rescue dummy's body may
be used for the drag. However, the rescue dummy is NOT to be picked
up, hoisted over candidates' shoulders, or carried. Also, candidates
are NOT permitted to walk backwards to complete the drag. This is a
timed completion event and to pass candidates are required to
complete the drag in eleven (11) seconds, dragging the dummy
completely past the "end" cone. The rescue dummy weighs approx. 100
lbs.

So, how would you drag the body?

Thanks!

The idea about standing between the legs facing away and grabbing the
ankles is my first choice. Or stand at the head area and facing away,
grab the hands or wrists and start pulling them behind you.

--
No matter what happens someone will find a way to take it too seriously.