Amun

I've heard of these too.
Was watching some show on tv that they were putting one of these up
(together ?)
Never seen one actually built though.

My guess is that cost to truck in the ready made pieces would still be
higher than standard construction for most areas.
And there are only so many shapes that could work, eg "ranch style" but not
"split/multistory"

The time factor of having everything done (and painted) in a day or two on
site, might appeal to a lot of people.

But I do have to ask the original poster.
If you have a problem,......who pays for the shipping back to the factory to
get it fixed ?
LOL

AMUN

"RBM" rbm2(remove wrote in message
news
In the Northeast, they build them as "boxes", transport the boxes on
trailers, then lift the sections onto your foundation and bolt the

sections
together. They also pre wire each section and have quick connects that go
between the sections and generally a circuit breaker panel dangling from

the
bottom, all wired and ready to go

"SQLit" wrote in message

"J.A. Michel" wrote in message
Hi,
I am getting a new manufactured home delivered soon. I intend to build

nice double car garage on it myself once it arrives. Because I want to
finish the basement at some point in the future,

Manufactured Home and BASEMENT?????? New type of installation to me.
Please
post pictures.

Manufactured home equals on wheels not prefab.