Mike

Apropos wrote:
Anyone know what the spacing of nails or staples should be when attaching
paperback lath to the wood frame?

This varies with locality. Here in CA we must nail/staple on every
stud and at 6" intervals vertically. Be sure your lath is firred up an
appropriate distance (3/8 - 1/4") from the sheathing surfact either by
spacer nails or self-firring lath.

FYI, from doing demo of stucco I can tell you that staples shot with an
air stapler are easily 10 times stronger than nails. My opinion is
that self-firred lath with paper stapled in is unbeatable for strength
and durability as well as speed of installation.

Mike