RobertGehl

Default Laying vinyl tile over concrete floor

Our floor is a finished concrete (common in 1950s ranch homes in
Phoenix. There is sheet flooring laid over the concrete.
I've been tring to remove the tile and it's all adhesive backing
underneath. (please see the picture I posted at
http://www.rgehl.com/images/floor.jpg ).
Question: Must I get all the way down to the concrete to lay the vinyl?
It's very difficult to get all this gluey crap up ... could I lay the
vinyl tile right over this (smoothed out as much as possible, of
course) or must it be completely flat and free of ALL that backing?
Thanks in advance!
Robert
robert -at- rgehl -dot- com