Dan Espen

writes:

At first blush this seems like a sound plan. I would pay attention to
the "solidness" of the stucco, is it really bonded well and secure in
its current state ? Also look for cracks and separation, etc, where
bugs and bees might get into the stucco, a hole one cm by 0.5 cm is
enough to have a wall full of bees (personal experience !).

I have Nailite vinyl, which looks like wood shingles.
There are millions of places for bees, and therefore, lots
of bees. They love the stuff. Small price to pay for no painting.

Personally I prefer stucco to vinyl in appearance; stucco also holds
paint well, last house I had was cement/stucco and was only painted
twice in 90 years.

Twice in 90 years is pretty good.

Once you put up vinyl you'll never fool with paint again.
That's the main reason I had vinyl installed. 23 years and it still
looks new.