stevie

i have been stung twice by these small 'ground wasps'. it was when i was
mowing grass and ran over the underground nest.

the stings were extremely painful, about like getting a shot with hot water
in the needle. the mark where they stung lasted a long time.

just regular outdoor insect spray worked for me to rid the wasps, but they
may not be the same as yours. i live in texas.
"David Combs" wrote in message
Yeah, I can still use my right hand for typing, like now, but
that's about it. Twice as thick as the other hand. Called
HMO, they said come in, maybe for a shot....

So, I gotta get rid of these beasts!

What I have is this: depression in front yard maybe
two feet across 8inches deep, near street; so, to protect
people from stepping into and tripping, I put wood from
blown-down branches, to make level with surface.

(rocky ground 2 inches under, hard rains, loose dirt
just washes away, probably what I did is stupid,
but it *was* quick and easy.)

Anyway, after remnants of katrina or something up here
in NY state, branches blown down, so I added a couple,
AND GOT STUNG -- twice, on cheekbone, and on back side
of right hand. Cheek ok, hand twice normal thickness.
And I go to doctors-office (they said to) in 10 min.

And, damn it, I don't want to get stung again!

So, how to get rid of nest or whatever?

------

Only one or maybe two of them went after me, and
that's all I saw. No "swarm" So probably not a HUGE nest.

So, two questions:

1: main one: how to destroy wasps or whatever they are (it is?)
without getting stung again?

2: secondary one: how to fill depression, when below ground is
almost solid rock? (result must be wasp-less!)

Thanks,

David