SQLit

wrote in message
oups.com...
We loose power every so often in the winter. Sometimes for 6-12 hours.

While my furnace is gas, the electric being out means it doesn't work.

What options are there for getting heat in the house with the electric
out?

I already have a gas fireplace which works when the power is out, but
it doesn't heat the entire house so we have to sleep in that room. It
also smells bad.

I've found this option;
http://www.shop.com/op/aprod-p19252931?sourceid=3

Any other options?

Yikes that is a lot of money. Others have suggested an inverter and a deep
cycle battery. Get the specs on the motor and look into a UPS. Certainly
should be less money than your solution.