Chris Jarshant

Default sprinklers and inground pool prep

All,

I have a modern 5-zone sprinkler system and recently
purchased an in-ground pool. They said I'd need to
deal with the existing sprinklers before they excavate
for the pool.

My question: Do I really have to do anything other than
unscrew the sprinkler popups heads/rotor heads? As
long as the particular zone that is effected is never
pressurized, should'nt I be OK? Or do I absolutely positively
have to cap the zones off at the valves? I doubt there
is any pressure in the lines leading to the heads when
the particular zone in question is not on, so i don't see
why I have to dig a big hole and cap the entire
zone at the valve.

cj