Tony

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

"Tony" wrote in message

I asked if they are qualified to install Rheem if I wanted it. He said
yes, but advised against it. When I asked why he said that Rheem/Ruud
does make nice stuff, but they've found after doing a lot of work in my
neighborhood that the Rheem gas furnace design does not "work as well"
with the way the ducting systems are designed for our types of houses (I
live in a neighborhood development; there are about 7 different basic
home styles but they all have much the same fundamental lay out as far as
the heating / cooling / ducting goes). He said that they have had much
better results using Lennox in our neighborhood.

Possible? Sure. Probable? I'd want some specifics. Perhaps the blower
size or something is different, the plenum size is not easy to match,
whatever. If he made a statement, he should be able to back it up with
facts.

At the same time, point out why you prefer the other brand and let him
give reasons why that would not be better.

Thanks to all. I was sort of feeling that there may be some baloney involved
here. We have an appointment to have them come over this week. When the guy
gets here I'll be asking for specifics. What is nice is that they are
prepared to give me references for both their Lennox installs and the couple
of Rheems they've done in my neighborhood.