Bob S.

Airkings wrote:
I'm doing my first drywall taping, and I need some advice. I did a "test
strip" on one seam, using the perforated tape which the instructions say to
put down on the dry seam, then cover with a coat of mud, pushing the mud
through the perforations.

Now I have a couple of spots with bubbles in the tape, and there is a
"bubble" down the one entire edge of the tape. In other words, this isn't
going so well.

Two questions:

1. How do I fix what I've done so far?

2. How do I avoid this the next time?

Thanks!

--
x-no-archive: yes

Dave

When first learning, I used a 4" paint roller to set the tape into the
mud & push out the bubbles, followed by a 6" putty knife to remove the
excess mud. It worked pretty well for me.

Bob S.