MrC1

I heard they are no longer allowed to pump any insecticides into the ground.
Could be a local thing I guess.

Sure makes fighting termites tougher!

"Ben Franklin" wrote in message
I am about to have a termite treatment done around the exterior of my

home.

I'm wondering about how deep into the ground, and how far out from the
exterior wall, the treatment is usually done. It's a house with a full
basement that has cinder block walls on the exterior.

Part of the area around the house has a cement walkway that goes right up

the cinder block wall, and the rest of the exterior is just dirt/grass.

My
understanding is that they are going to drill holes through the cement and
into the ground about every 6 inches or so around the house.

The reason I am asking is that there is a "terra cotta(sp?)" pipe in the
ground along one side of the house. Two of the gutter downspouts empty

into
the clay pipe which takes the rain water to the street. The pipe is about

6
inches away from the basement wall and is buried a few inches under the
ground surface. I exposed a portion of it so the pest control person will
see where it is.

NOTE: I also posted this in the alt.consumers.pest-control newsgroup, but
thought someone here might know.