Steve Spence

JoeSixPack wrote:

It doesn't matter if you call it carbon-neutral or not, the CO2 will
continue to rise if you continue to burn carbon-based fuels at the current
rate. The atmosphere doesn't know you switched to your "carbon-neutral
fuel." It continues to take the carbon out of the atmosphere at the same
slow rate that lags behind the rate we put it in. This is what caused the
rise. Growing more biofuel crops doesn't automatically lower the atmospheric
CO2, because there are already plants growing on nearly all the arable land.

You keep saying "carbon-neutral" as if it were a fact that it would reduce
atmospheric carbon in some way. Prove it to us.

I'm sorry you are having problems reading. I never said it would reduce
atmospheric carbon, I said there would be no net gain. Neutral does not
mean subtraction or addition. Burning fossil fuels is addition.

--
Steve Spence
Dir., Green Trust, http://www.green-trust.org