John Smith

Default Crappy night-time economy 7 electric heaters

Hi,

Our house had electric heaters with Economy 7 installed back in, oh - the
70s. It was bloody expensive to have installed and this was back in the days
when the nationalised electricity companies treated you like dirt and told
you what you were having. Anyhow, basically, we have a system which controls
our heating by switching the heaters on at 1AM and switches them off at 7AM.

In the night, during the winter, the house is warm.

In the day the house gets cold very quickly and there is no way to turn the
heaters on. The heating is controlled by a black box with a clear plastic
cover over it in which there is a metal clock type mechanism with 4 pins in
it. I assume that, if I had the cover open, I could move the pins around and
get it to change so that the heaters came on for, say, a couple of hours
during the day as well as the usual night-time. Can I do this?

However, can I have a different control box installed so that I can set the
heating to come on at night plus have some control over the heaters during
the day?

Thanks,

John.