Doug Miller

In article , "CWLee" wrote:

I have a chance to get some home repair and carpentry done
in exchange for my buying the materials, and a new "sawsall"
for the person who will do the work. That is a tool I had
never heard of until recently, but I want to buy one of the
very best to give in exchange for the labor involved. He
had no suggestions, other than to be sure it was pretty
powerful. What brands, models, styles, etc. do those of you
who have used these tools recommend?

First choice, Milwaukee. Second choice, Porter-Cable.

Which brands, models, styles should I avoid?

Craftsman -- not really a bad tool, but it's not nearly half as good as
Milwaukee or PC, at a *lot* more than half the price.

--
Regards,