JoeSixPack

"Arnold Walker" wrote in message

"JoeSixPack" wrote in message
news:SrEYe.301244$on1.184705@clgrps13...

"Arnold Walker" wrote in message

"JoeSixPack" wrote in message
news:ZUoYe.242494$9A2.132906@edtnps89...

"Steve Spence" wrote in message
JoeSixPack wrote:

We've had this argument before, and it's a specious one. Switching

biofuels does not significantly reduce the amount of carbon being
loaded
into the atmosphere, nor does it trigger the earth to assimilate
carbon
faster. The dramatic rise in atmospheric CO2 since 1800 has been a
result of burning carbon-based fuels faster than the earth can
assimilate
it. It makes no difference which carbon-based fuel is being
burned,
rapid atmospheric CO2 loading will still occur. The only way to
reverse
the trend is to reduce the burning of carbon-based fuels to a point
where
the assimilation rate exceeds our emission rate. The bigger the
difference, the faster the CO2 levels in our atmosphere will

decline.

It's only specious in your eyes, and it's surely no argument. It's a
fact.
Burning fossil fuels releases new CO2 into the air, adding to
concentrations, burning biofuels releases co2 removed in the
previous
growing season, not adding to concentrations. That's all there is to
it.

You're either terribly set in your ways or very uninformed. Either

way,
you
just aren't getting it. When you put carbon into the air faster than

the
earth can remove it, the levels rise. The carbon won't dissipate from
the
atmosphere any faster just because you are burning biofuels. Growing
more
plants for biofuel won't scrub the atmosphere any faster either. All

the
cropland is already covered with vegetation.

So how is the air levels after 14 hurricanes, water scrubbed it.
Must be the reason we didn't have any fish kills in low oxygen water
areas.
That NO hurricane just aerated the "fire out of" the water.
If that be the case, your air can absorb alot more stuff this year.
Even by your logic.......

Can you explain to us what hurricanes have to do with reducing carbon
dioxide in the air?

Aeration absorbs gas into the water....check out you goldfish bowl
sometime.
Then stop and think how much bigger the bubbler is in a hurricane .a100+
miles wide.
Then check out the smog alerts in the Gulf Coastal area for the same
period
as the hurricanes.

Are you for real? Is smog CO2? CO2 is an odorless, colorless gas that
exists all over the earth in a concentration of about 377 parts per million.

My apologies. I thought I was arguing with someone who had a basic
understanding of atmospherics.