Rich

LMAO...

Pop, shame on you, you're letting your ignorance show.
There's no need to be angry because you aren't as knowledgeable as you would
like to be. So you don't know much about garage door counterbalance
systems and electric door openers, big deal....

"Pop" wrote in message
LOL, you've got a real load of false ego today, don't you?
You're certainly good at making judgements based on nothing and
trying to make yourself look like you want to.

I don't intend to refute your illogicals and misinformation (due
to your method of application, not that it's 100% wrong), so you
can relax; I see no point in warring with an unarmed enemy.

Respond if you wish; I'm done with you.

"Rich" wrote in message
: If the track is going to be pitched then extension springs
won't suffice for
: the job. Extension springs will not hold the door in the
header because it
: won't have enough "pull" while in the open position (the
springs will be
: relaxed) to defeat the weight of the door (the door will be
trying to roll
: down the track) in an inclined track.
:
: A Torsion system using the proper drums will hold the door in
the open
: position, out of the header, on a pitched track application far
better than
: an extension spring system would, but I don't think you truly
understand the
: concepts at play here.
:
: There are various configurations of drums to be used with
either regular
: headroom, high lift, or vertical lift applications. The drums
to be used
: here will depend upon the amount of pitch of the inclined
tracks.
:
: Evidently you have never worked on an track system other than a
normal
: horizontal tracks.... if that.
:
: Rather specialized tools!!! Two plain steel rods are the only
additional
: tools used to do the job. This comment of yours exposes the
fact that
: you're not very familiar with garage door torsion springs.
:
: Sure the motor can hold the door open but you shouldn't depend
on the motor
: to hold a door up that hangs in the header. The door should
work smoothly
: and stop in a normal position under manual operation. Using
the opener to
: force the door higher because the springs can't do it is
obviously putting
: more of a load on the operator.
:
: Install the proper equipment/parts for the job at hand so you
don't have to
: "jury rig" your door.
:
: It's not rocket science Pop, it's really quite elementary.
;-)
:
: Rich
: