Ranieri

"elened" wrote in message
ups.com...
A year ago we bought an old house and did some remodeling before moving
in. We pretty much redid the kitchen which now has beautiful oak
cabinets and granite countertops. Knowing very little about lighting,
and liking the look of the halogen line-voltage puck lights that were
installed under the old cabinets, we decided to keep them under the new
cabinets for the time being. As I said, I love the look. It's the
right task/ambience lighting for me. But it turns out that these are
the cheapest Home Depot pucks you can get. Every few weeks a bulb
burns out, and they've also burned out some of the multi-outlet
extension cords they've been plugged into despite the fact that they
are not too high voltage for these cords. Also, they flicker if we
place a plate or a glass in the cabinet just above the puck.

By chance, are the pucks on a dimmer?